Since 2004 Glass Water Systems has been a leader in Economical Water Treatment. Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Water Treatment Products. BEST PRICES GAURANTEED
2510, SE, SXT Seal and Spacer Piston replacment
***CLICK ON THE ICON NEXT TO THE INSTRUCTIONS AND PRINT OUT FOR EASIER USE***
1. Turn off water supply to valve. Next, cycle valve to backwash position, then to service. Now remove electrical plug from outlet.
2. Remove control box cover.
3. Disconnect the brine line from the injector housing to the brine valve (if your unit has timed brine tank fill).
4. Remove the two capscrews that hold the back plate to the valve.
5. Grasp the back plate on both sides and slowly pull end plug and piston assembly out of the valve body, (see Fig. 1)and lay aside.
6. Remove the seal first using the wire hook with the finger loop (see Fig.2).
7. The spacer tool (use only for removing the spacers) has three retractable pins, retained by a rubber ring, at one
end; they are retracted or pushed out by pulling or pushing the center button the opposite end.
8. Insert the pin end of the spacer tool into the valve body with the pins retracted (button pulled back). Push the tool tight against the spacer and push the button in, (see Fig. 3). When the button is pushed in, the pins are pushed out to engage the 1/4 dia. holes in the spacer. Remove the tool from the valve body. The spacer will be on the end. Pull the center button back, the pins will be retracted and the spacer can be removed from the spacer tool.
9. Alternately remove the remaining seals and
spacers in accordance with steps No. 6 and 8.
10. The last or end spacer odes not have any holes for
the pins of the spacer tool to engage, therefore if
the end spacer does not come out on the first try, try
again using the wire hook with the finger loop.
11. To replace seals, spacers and end ring, use special
tool with the brass sleeve on one end. This is a
double-purpose tool., (See Fig. 4). The male end
acts as a pilot to hold the spacers as they are
pushed into the valve body and the brass female
end is used to insert the seals into the valve body.
12. To restuff a valve body, first take the end ring (the
plastic or brass ring without holes), then with your
thumb press the button on the brass sleeve end, the
large dia. inner portion is now exposed (See Fig. 4).
Place the end ring on this pilot with the lip on the
end ring facing the tool, and push the tool into the
valve body bore until it bottoms. While the tool is in
the valve body, take a seal and press it into the
inside diameter of the exposed brass female end
(See Fig. 5).
13. Remove the tool, turn it end for end and insert it into
the valve body bore. While holding the large dia. of
the tool, slide it all the way into the valve body bore
until it bottoms, then push the center button to push
the seal of the tool and leave it in place in the valve
body (See Fig. 6).
14. Remove the tool from the valve body and push the
center on the brass female end to expose the pilot
on the opposite end. Place a spacer on this end and
insert the spacer and tool into the valve.
15. While the tool is still in the valve, press another seal into the inside diameter of the exposed brass sleeve
16. Remove the stuffer, turn it end for end, and insert it
into the valve body bore.
17. Alternately repeat steps No. 13 and 14 until all seals
and spacers have been pushed into the valve (See
valve cross section of your valve).
18. Place recommended silicone lubricant on the piston
and inside the valve.
19. Hold the back plate with one hand and guide the
piston into the valve body with the other hand, then
grasp the back plate on both sides and slowly push the
piston assembly and end plug assembly into the valve
(See Fig. 1).
20. Replace the two PH screws to hold the back plate to
the valve and tighten securely.
21. Connect the brine line form the injector housing to the
brine valve (if your unit has timed brine tank fill).
22. Set the time of day dial to the correct time.
23. Replace the electrical plug in the outlet.
24. Turn on water supply.
25. Cycle control and check for proper function.
26. Check by-pass valve.
**IT IS PROBABLY ADVISEABLE TO CHANGE THE PISTON AT THE SAME TIME***