Since 2004 Glass Water Systems has been a leader in Economical Water Treatment. Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Water Treatment Products. BEST PRICES GAURANTEED
REPLACE PISTON ASSEMBLY
1. Turn off water supply to conditioner:
a. If the conditioner installation has a “three valve” bypass system, first open the valve in the bypass line, then close the
valves at the conditioner inlet and outlet.
b. If the conditioner has an integral bypass valve, put it in the Bypass position.
c. If there is only a shut-off valve near the conditioner inlet, close it.
2. Relieve water pressure in the conditioner by stepping the control into the Backwash position momentarily. Return the
control to the In Service position.
3. Unplug electrical cord from outlet.
4. Remove the control valve back cover. Remove the control valve front cover. Disconnect the meter dome signal wire from the front cover and feed it back through the control.
5. Remove screw and washer at drive yoke. Remove timer mounting screws. The entire timer assembly will now lift off easily. Remove end plug retainer plate.
6. Pull upward on end of piston yoke until assembly is out of valve.
7. Inspect the inside of the valve to make sure that all spacers and seals are in place, and that there is no foreign matter that would interfere with the valve operation.
8. Take new piston assembly as furnished and push piston into valve by means of the end plug. Twist yoke carefully in a clockwise direction to properly align it with drive gear. Replace end plug retainer plate.
9. Place timer on top of valve. Be sure drive pin on main gear engages slot in drive yoke.
10. Replace timer mounting screws. Replace screw and washer at drive yoke.
11. Return bypass or inlet valving to normal In Service position. Water pressure automatically builds in the conditioner.
NOTE: Be sure to shut off any bypass line.
12. Replace the control valve back cover.
13. Plug electrical cord into outlet.
14. Set Time Of Day and cycle the control valve manually to assure proper function. Make sure control valve is returned to the In Service position.
15. Be sure there is enough salt in the brine tank.
16. Start regeneration cycle manually if water is hard.